- 1 lb lean boneless pork, (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced,
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 12 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced,
- 2 teaspoons culantro, minced (or cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons pimento pepper, minced,
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 14 cup water
- 1 teaspoon scotch bonnet peppers, minced or 1 teaspoon habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground, (geera)
DirectionsMarinate pork in salt, chive, thyme, black pepper, garlic, culantro, and pimento pepper for four hours or overnight.
Mix garam massala with 1/4 cup water, add this to hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes until thick and most of the water has evaporated.
Add pork and stir until coated with massala.
Add water until pork is just covered.
Bring to a boil.
Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 -35 minutes or until almost cooked.
Add minced scotch bonnet pepper and ground cumin.
Stir thoroughly and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until tender.
If while cooking it gets too dry, add about 1/2 cup water to prevent burning.
When it is done the water should have reduced to a somewhat thick gravy.