Rosemary and Garlic Veal Chops with Grilled Mushroom Relish and Grilled Artichokes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 4 veal chops, each 3/4 pounds and 1-inch thick
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, fresh, stems removed
- 1 yellow onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced, thinly
- 8 artichokes, quartered and choke removed and placed in large bowl acidulated water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh
- Salt and pepper
DirectionsCombine oil, rosemary, garlic and zest in a large shallow baking dish.
Add the veal chops and turn to coat.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
Remove chops from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill chops, turning once until the centers are slightly pink, (registers 150 internal temperature), about 15 to 17 minutes.
Brush mushrooms and onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill each for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally until just cooked through.
Remove from the grill and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
Place in a bowl with the tomatoes, thyme.
Drizzle in the vinegar and oil, mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the olive oil, vinegar, wine, and garlic in a large saute pan and place on the side burner of the grill and bring to a simmer.
Drain the artichokes and add, cut side down in a single layer in the pan.
Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and cover the pan.
Cook until barely tender, about 12 minutes.
Remove the artichokes from the pan, season with salt and pepper and grill for 4 to 5 minutes until lightly golden brown on both sides.