Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 pint heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 cup cocoa, sifted in with in the icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in the cream
- 12 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 lemon, finely grated, rind of, in place of the vanilla
- 12 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 orange, finely grated, rind of, in place of the vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, in place of the vanilla
- 34 cup nuts, minced, of your choice,folded in
- 1 -2 tablespoon brandy, in place of the vanilla (For extra tipsy, pierce the cake layers and dribble with more of the same t
DirectionsUsing both a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, beat the cream until frothy.
Add the icing sugar and vanilla gradually while beating.
Whip until light and a thick enough consistency to spread as an icing.