- 1 can (10 ounce) chicken breasts, drained
- 1 12 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (8 ounce) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomatoes, diced, drained
- 12 cup corn, frozen
- 12 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 12 cup Mexican blend cheese, more for garnish or 12 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 12 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- hot sauce
DirectionsHeat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
Saute frozen corn and onion until onion is translucent and corn is no longer frozen.
Add remainder of ingredients, save for the cheese.
Raise heat to high and boil for 10 minutes.
When ready to serve, mix in cheese so that it melts.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with more cheese.
Serves 3 adults, or 2 adults and two children.