Vegetarian Shepherds Pie
- 2 whole Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Small Onion, Diced,
- 3 Tablespoons Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Chopped,
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, Or To Taste
- 2 cups Cooked, Or Canned Red Kidney Beans
- 1 whole Carrot, Diced And Cooked
- 1/2 cups Peas, Frozen
- 1/2 cups Corn, Frozen
- 1/4 cups Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, (though I Use Margarine)
- 13 cups Cheddar Cheese, Grated,
DirectionsHeat a pot of water to boiling.
Clean, peel and largely dice the potatoes.
Add the potato chunks to the boiling water.
Throw the onion and olive oil into a frying pan and heat until just golden.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and kidney beans.
Once the kidney beans have heated through, mash with a potato masher.
Add the carrots, peas, and corn to the mashed beans and combine.
At this point, your potatoes should be done cooking.
Check by poking them with a fork; if theyre soft, then drain them in a colander and put them back into the pot with the milk and butter.
Pull out your potato masher again and mash away! Spread the veggie mix in the bottom of a baking dish.
Spread the mashed potatoes on top, sprinkle with the grated cheese, and broil until golden and crispy.