Caribbean-Style Black Beans With Rum
- 6 ounces dry smoked sausage, (chopped or sliced)
- 1 medium onion, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced, fresh, (or to taste)
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, seeded and
- 12 cup ketchup
- 12 cup molasses
- 13 cup dark rum
- 14 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- 12 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3 cans (15 ounce) black beans, drained
- salt and black pepper
DirectionsIn a large saucepan cook the sausage over medium heat until browned; drain fat but leave a small amount in the saucepan.
Crumble the cooked sausage into pieces; set aside.
Add in the onion, garlic and jalapenos; saute for about 4-5 minutes or until tender.
Add in ketchup with all remaining ingredients (except the black beans, salt and pepper) bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add in the cooked sausage and the drained black beans; stir to combine, then simmer over low heat for about 1 hour or a little more.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.