Crunchy Marinated Vegetables for Two
- 12 cup cauliflower floret, fresh
- 12 cup broccoli florets, fresh
- 1 small carrot, sliced,
- 2 tablespoons kohlrabi, chopped, peeled and
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons ripe black olives, sliced,
- 1 large radish, sliced,
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped,
- 14 cup sugar
- 4 12 teaspoons white vinegar
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 4 12 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped,
- 18 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash italian seasoning
DirectionsIn a small bowl, combine the vegetables listed.
Prepare marinade: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, salt and mustard; cook over low heat just until sugar is dissolved.
Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup; cool slightly.
Add the oil, onion, celery seed and Italian seasoning; whisk until well combined.
Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Serve with slotted spoon.