Three-Cheese and Olive Pasta Salad
- 3 cups medium pasta shells
- 1 12 cups kalamata olives, pitted and sliced (can use canned sliced black olives, drained in place of brine-cured)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped,
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 12 cup white cheddar cheese, diced,
- 12 cup gouda cheese, grated,
- 5 -6 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped, (or use 1-2 teaspoons dry basil)
- 14 cup red wine vinegar
- 34 cup olive oil
- 14 teaspoon sugar, (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
DirectionsCook the pasta in boiling water until JUST firm-tender (don't overcook) drain well under cold water.
Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and toss with a couple tablespoons with olive oil so that the pasta will not stick.
Add in the olives, bell pepper, all of the cheeses and fresh basil (or dryed basil if using); toss to combine.
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar and sugar; pour over the pasta and cheese in the bowl and toss to combine well.
Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.