Hoisin Pork and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles, or 4 ounces rice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, sliced, trimmed and thinly
- 34 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 14 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed (about 1/2 pound)
- 12 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 12 cup green onion, chopped
DirectionsPrepare rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Drain and keep warm.
Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pork, tossing to coat.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, hoisin, cornstarch, and honey in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add pork mixture to pan; saute 3 minutes or until browned.
Remove pork from pan.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to pan.
Stir in peas, bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; saute 30 seconds.
Return pork mixture to pan; stir in broth mixture.
Simmer 2 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, and stir in green onions.
Serve pork mixture over the noodles.