Poached Salmon on Watercress with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 (3 pound) salmon fillet, skin on, scaled and pin bones removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups watercress
- dill, Fresh
DirectionsTo make the salmon: Combine all ingredients except the salmon in a medium skillet or saucepan.
Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides, add to simmering liquid, and cover.
Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until just done.
To make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the olive oil and citrus juices, add the dill, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Toss the watercress with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Arrange the watercress on a large platter and place the salmon in the center.
Drizzle with additional vinaigrette and garnish with dill.