Grilled Spiced Pork, Orange-Lime Glaze & Sugar-Snap Peas Ww
- 12 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 14 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped,
- 1 12 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, (1 tenderloin)
- 34 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 12 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1 12 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 14 teaspoon ginger, grated, fresh, peeled and
- 14 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, ground, fresh, to taste
DirectionsSpray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill.
In a small saucepan, bring the marmalade, lime juice, and shallot to a boil.
Boil 2 minutes.
Allow to cool, then transfer half of the glaze to a small bowl.
In a small bowl, blend the chili powder, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the Chinese five-spice powder.
Rub the rub all over the pork.
Grill 5 inches from the heat, turning and brushing with half of the glaze, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the pork reaches 160F, 20-25 minutes.
PREPARE SUGAR-SNAP PEAS:.
In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the sugar-snaps until crisp-tender.
Rinse under cold water and drain.
Toss the sugar-snap peas with the oil, vinegar, ginger, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
(Be sure to add the vinegar to the sugar-snap peas just before serving, or the veggie's color will dull.
ASSEMBLE FOR SERVING:.
Gently warm the remaining glaze over low heat.
Slice the tenderloin, drizzle with the glaze, and serve with the sugar-snap peas.