Jerk Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled,
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped, trimmed and
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet, seeded or habanero chile
- 1 piece (1-inch) ginger, coarsely chopped, fresh, peeled and
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless or breasts
- 6-inch corn, warmed or flour tortillas
- cabbage, Shredded
- mango, Fresh or pineapple salsa
- cilantro, Chopped
- Lime wedges
DirectionsCombine all the marinade ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process to a puree, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed; it will be fairly thick.
Put the chicken in a zippered plastic bag, add the marinade, turn to coat all over, cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Let the chicken come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
Prepare a charcoal grill for medium-high heat.
Clean and oil the grill grate.
Alternatively, preheat a stovetop cast-iron grill pan and brush it with oil.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Shred or slice the chicken.
To make tacos, stuff each tortilla with some of the meat and top with cabbage, salsa, and cilantro.
Serve with the lime wedges on the side.