Gingerbread Cookie Bites
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Land O Lakes Butter, softened
- 1 Land O Lakes Egg
- 3 tablespoons mild molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 ounces vanilla, (almond bark) or chocolate-flavored candy coating
- Decorator sprinkles, or coarsely crushed starlight mint candies
- 10 (8- to 10-inch) thin wooden skewers, if desired
- Large red and green gumdrops, if desired
DirectionsHeat oven to 350F.
Combine sugar, butter, egg and molasses in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy.
Add all remaining cookie ingredients; beat at low speed until well mixed.
Press dough into ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
Cut with 1 1/2-inch cookie cutters.
Melt candy coating according to package directions.
Dip top of each cookie into melted candy coating.
Place onto waxed paper, coating-side up.
Immediately sprinkle with decorator sprinkles or crushed candies.
Let stand until coating is set.
Thread 3 decorated cookies onto each skewer, if desired.
Top skewer with gumdrop or additional cookie, as desired.