Hearty Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 pound Beef, Ground
- 2 whole Large Carrots, Sliced, Thinly
- 1 whole Small Onion, Diced,
- 2 stalks Celery, Sliced,
- 2 cans (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomatoes, Diced, Undrained
- 1 can (16 Oz. Can) Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (16 Oz. Can) Great Northern Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 4 cups Broth, Vegetable Or Beef
- 1- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2- 1/2 Tablespoons Parsley, Chopped, Fresh,
- 1 teaspoon Frank's Sauce
- 1 jar (24 Oz. Jar) Spaghetti Sauce
- 8 ounces, weight Dry Pasta, Ditalini Or Shell
DirectionsHeat oil in a large pot.
Add beef and cook until browned.
Add carrots, onion, celery and tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients to the pot (beans, broth, Italian herbs, pepper, parsley, Franks sauce, spaghetti sauce and noodles).
Simmer for about 45 minutes until pasta is cooked, carrots and celery are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.