Soft Almond Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Land O Lakes Egg
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Maraschino cherry slices, or decorator sprinkles
DirectionsHeat oven to 350F.
Combine sugar and butter in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy.
Add ricotta cheese, egg and 1 teaspoon almond flavoring; continue beating until well mixed.
Add flour, baking powder and salt gradually, beating at low speed after each addition.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; remove to cooling racks.
Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in bowl.
Spoon 1/2 teaspoon glaze over cooled cookies; decorate with cherries or sprinkles as desired.
Store in tightly covered container.