- 1 lb chuck, ground
- 12 lb pork, ground
- 12 lb turkey, ground
- 1 envelope lipton's onion soup
- 12 cup very hot water
- 34 cup oatmeal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons steak sauce, (I use A1)
- 1 clove garlic, minced,
- 14 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 12 teaspoon crushed basil
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped (reserve 1 tsp for top of loaf)
- 1 bag ready to eat baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
DirectionsMix the meats, soup mix, water, oatmeal, egg, steak sauce and herbs together in a large bowl.
Pat meat mixutre into a rectangle.
The meat should be about 1/2 inch thick.
Lay the baby spinach leaves over the meat, overlapping them to form a solid layer.
Sprinkle all but 1/2 cup of cheese over the spinach.
Carefully roll the meat up.
This can be a little tricky, but once the first roll is made, it gets easier.
Once rolled, pinch the ends to seal and place on a cooking sheet.
Sprinkle remaining cheese and reserved parsley on top.
Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
Let rest for five minutes before slicing.