Quick Tortellini Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped,
- 2 whole Zucchini, Chopped,
- 1- 1/2 cup Carrots, Chopped,
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced,
- 1/2 pints Grape, Halved Or Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 32 ounces, fluid Low-sodium Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- 9 ounces, weight Fresh Tortellini (whole Wheat If You Can Find It)
- 1 cup Corn, Frozen
- 1/4 cups Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated Or Shaved
- 1 cup Basil, Fresh, Torn
DirectionsDirections: 1. In a soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil until hot, over medium heat.
Add onion, zucchini, carrots and garlic.
Cook, stirring often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and broth.
Heat to boiling.
3. Stir in tortellini and corn.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until tortellini are tender (about 5-6 minutes).
4. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and fresh basil.