Beefy Cheesy Spaghetti Pie
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped,
- 8 ounces 90 percent lean ground beef
- One 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked cold spaghetti, (about 6 ounces uncooked)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cherry-size mozzarella, (bocconcini or ciliegine), drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned.
Drain off any excess fat.
Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the heavy cream and season with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper.
Transfer to a bowl and reserve skillet.
2. Add the cooked spaghetti to the beef mixture and toss well.
Beat the eggs and add to the pasta along with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Toss well to combine.
3. Wipe out the skillet and heat the 1 tablespoon remaining oil over high heat.
Add the spaghetti mixture and lightly press down.
Cook until the bottom sets, about 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the skillet to the oven.
Bake until set in the center and crispy around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Let stand at least 5 minutes.
Scatter with torn basil leaves and serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 601 Total Fat: 32 grams Saturated Fat: 13 grams Total Carbohydrate: 43 grams Protein: 33 grams Sodium: 478 milligrams Cholesterol: 293 milligrams Fiber: 4 grams