- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, boneless, pounded thin
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 12 cup breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, dried,
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 12 cups canned tomato sauce, or 1 12 cups pasta sauce
- 12 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded,
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350F.
Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
Dip chicken in egg whites and turn to coat.
Then mix breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning and dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture, turn to coat thoroughly.
Heat oil in a large skillet; add chicken.
Cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side.
Pour 1/2 cup sauce into prepared baking dish.
Place chicken in dish and pour remaining sauce over chicken.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.