Chili Cornbread Salad
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) cornbread mix
- 1 can (4 ounce) green chilies, chopped,
- 18 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 18 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1/2 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 2 cans (15 1/4 ounce) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans whole (15 1/4 ounce) kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped,
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
DirectionsPrepare corn bread batter according to package directions.
Stir in the the chilies, cumin, and oregano.
Spread in a greased 8-in square baking pan.
Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
Crumble half of the corn bread into a 13 x 9 in dish.
Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.