Hearty Chili With Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) beef broth
- 1 large onion, minced,
- 1 green bell pepper, diced, seeded and
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 14 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounce) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
DirectionsHeat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot.
Add ground beef, beef broth, onion and bell pepper.
Cook and stir, breaking up meat.
Cook until beef is no longer pink; drain excess fat.
Add chili powder, allspice, cinnamon and paprika.
Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes.
Add black beans, tomatoes and vinegar; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until chili is thickened to desired consistency.
Garnish as desired.