- 1 12 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 12 cups carrots, shredded
- 6 cups beets, shredded
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 can (28 ounce) tomatoes, diced, (I often use a hand mixer on a can of whole tomatoes)
- 9 cups beef broth
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar, (add or subtract to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh, (or 1 tsp dried)
DirectionsBrown ground beef in a medium frying pan or dutch oven.
When beef is half-browned, add onions and cook until remainder of beef is browned.
Add remaining ingredients to dutch oven, then add beef/onion mixture.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30-60 minutes, until vegetables are tender.