Cabbage And Apple Casserole Recipe
- 4 ounce Bacon, sliced, cut crosswise into 1/2" bieces
- 2 Tbsp Butter, sweet
- 1 Tbsp Oil, vegetable
- 1 x Onion, finely minced,
- 1 sm head RED Cabbage, cored, coarsely shredded (about 6 c.)
- 2 x Granny Smith apples, pared, cored, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 c. Cream, heavy
- 2 Tbsp Brandy, or possibly Cognac
- 1/2 tsp Salt, (or possibly to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, freshly grnd or possibly to taste
DirectionsFry bacon in medium skillet over medium heat till slightly crisp and brown, about 10 min.
Remove to paper towels to drain.
Heat butter and oil in medium casserole or possibly Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add in onion and cook stirring ocasionally, till softened, about 5 min.
Add in cabbage and continue to cold till softened, 3-5 min.
Add in bacon, apples, cream, and brandy and stir to combine.
Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 10 min.
Season with salt and pepper to transfer to serving dish.