Tomato Parmesan Salmon with Sauteed Kale
- 4 pieces Salmon Fillets, Preferrably Skin On (a Piece Weighs 6 Ounces)
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, Enough To Coat The Bottom Of Your Skillet
- 1 clove Garlic, Sliced,
- 1 bunch Kale, Chopped,
- 2 pinches Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1- 1/2 Tablespoon Water
- 5 pieces Lemon Wedges
- 6 Tablespoons Tomato Parmesan Butter, (recipe Follows)
- 1 stick Butter, Softened
- 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2- 1/2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Flat-leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped,
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed To A Paste
DirectionsFor the salmon and kale: 1. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
When the pan is good and hot add a little olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, and lay the salmon in the skillet skin side down.
Cook until the salmon is a little more than halfway done, 3 to 4 minutes.
Turn over the salmon and cook to desired doneness, about 2 more minutes for medium, and 3 to 3 1/2 minutes for well done.
Remove from heat when done.
3. While the salmon is cooking add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and the sliced garlic to a second skillet and place that over medium high heat.
When the pan is hot add the chopped kale, the crushed chili pepper flakes, and a scant 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Saute for about 1 minute.
Once the kale begins to wilt, add about 1 1/2 tablespoon of water.
Cook another 2 to 3 minutes until the kale has wilted, but is still bright green.
4. Remove the kale to a platter, lay the cooked salmon on top of the kale, squeeze 1 wedge of lemon over the salmon, and spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of Tomato Parmesan Butter on top of each piece of salmon.
Garnish with the remaining lemon wedges.
Serve with a salad and some good bread.
For the tomato Parmesan butter: 1. Add all the ingredients into a medium bowl and stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
Serve Tomato Parmesan Butter over fish or sauteed chicken; toss it into orzo pasta; use it as a sandwich spread or just eat it on some good bread.
Store left overs in the refrigerator.