- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1/2 cup prechopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 1/2-ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/2-ounce) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/2-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) organic vegetable broth, (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
DirectionsHeat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes.
Stir in 3/4 cup water and next 9 ingredients (through diced tomatoes); bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
Stir in cornmeal; cook 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
Serve with sour cream.