Pasta with Creamy Vodka-and-Herb Sauce
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 onion, sliced, thinly
- 1 tablespoon thyme, dried, fresh, chopped or 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, dried, fresh, chopped or 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried, fresh, chopped or 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 3/4 pound spaghetti, freshly cooked or linguine
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
DirectionsMelt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
Add sliced onion and saute until very tender and beginning to color, about 10 minutes.
Add herbs and saute 1 minute.
Add whipping cream and vodka and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
Add pasta and cheese and toss until sauce coats pasta.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.