Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes With Orange Butter
- 14 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 12 teaspoon orange zest, fresh, finely grated
- 1 12 teaspoons orange juice, fresh
- 18 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 12 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 cups well-shaken buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large ripe banana
- 12 cup salted roasted macadamia nuts, chopped (2 1/2 oz)
- maple syrup
DirectionsMake orange butter:.
Stir together all orange butter ingredients in a small bowl until combined well.
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
Whisk together buttermilk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
Add flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
Cut banana into bits and fold into batter along with nuts.
(Batter will be very thick.
Brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with some of remaining tablespoon melted butter and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
Working in batches of 3, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Transfer to a large plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm, then make more pancakes, brushing skillet with butter for each batch.
Serve with orange butter.