Cucumber Salad with Radish and Dill
- 1 English cucumber, sliced, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly or 3 Kirby cucumbers
- 4 large radishes, sliced, (about 6 ounces), thinly
- 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon total)
- 6 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh, finely chopped, plus more, torn, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with the flat side of a large knife
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
DirectionsPut the cucumber, radishes, and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
Add the cheese.
Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, dill, sugar, and garlic in another medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified.
Add the vinaigrette to the cucumber mixture; toss well.
Garnish with the dill.
Discard the garlic clove before serving.
Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container up to 1 hour.