Fresh Fruit With Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 14 cup sugar, (I used unbleached white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon verbena, minced, fresh, washed and
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced, cleaned, hulled and
- 2 cups cantaloupe, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 orange, sliced, peeled and
- 1 -2 cup yellow grapefruit, sliced, peeled and
- 1 -2 cup red seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into bite size chunks
- lemon verbena leaf, fresh
DirectionsSimple syrup: combine the water and sugar in a small pan and bring to the boil.
Boil mixture until it is reduced by half.
Stir in the lemon verbena leaves.
Set aside to allow verbena leaves to infuse and the mixture to cool completely.
Salad: Prep the fruit and arrange on a large shallow platter.
Once the simple syrup is cool, use a fine mesh strainer and drizzle the syrup all over the fruit.
*Garnish fruit with a few fresh lemon verbena leaves.
Or cover and chill until ready to serve.
*Tip: fresh lemon verbena leaves wilt quickly.
Garnish the fruit platter with freshly cut lemon verbena leaves [just] before serving.
Yield is estimated.