Chocolate Chip Almond Bread
- 1 cup warm milk, (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
DirectionsAdd the milk, salt, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, flour, sugar and yeast into your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
Select Basic or rapid setting.
When the display reads 0:00, or the second kneading is about to start, press stop and remove the bread.
Add the chocolate chips, almonds, cocoa powder, and almond extract to the dough.
Return to the bread machine and finish the cycle.
Serve warm with Orange Butter.
To make Orange Butter: Combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1 cup confectioners' sugar and the zest of a small orange in a food processor until blended.