Spicy Jade Chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 14 cup oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 lb chicken thigh
- 1 red jalapeno chile, sliced, fresh, thinly
- 1 green chili pepper, (like serrano)
- 14 cup dry sherry, or 14 cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 12 cup mint leaf, divided
DirectionsWhisk together marinade ingredients, mix well than add the chicken pieces and stir to coat well.
Marinade the chicken for 10 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan over high heat till very hot.
Then add the mint leaves, quickly cook the leaves till crisp, about 15-20 seconds.
Remove and drain on paper towel.
Remove all the oil but leave 1 tablespoon in the pan and return pan to high heat.
Add the marinaded chicken and the chilies to the pan.
Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the wine and chili garlic sauce to the chicken and cook for 30 seconds.
Then add the sesame oil and the remaining 1/4-cup fresh mint leaves.
Toss quickly to coat.
Remove pan from heat and serve.
Garnish with the fried mint leaves.