Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 boxes Spaghetti, (1 Pound Box)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 5 whole Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced,
- 1 cup Mushrooms, Sliced,
- 1/2 cups Sun Dried Tomatoes, Sliced,
- 1 teaspoon Basil, Chopped, Fresh,
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cups Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 1/2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
Directions1. Put some water in a medium pot for the pasta.
Season the water with salt and bring to a boil.
Cook the pasta until done according to package instructions.
2. In a large skillet, melt a Tablespoon of butter on medium high heat and add in the chicken strips.
Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of Cajun seasoning on the chicken.
Cook the chicken until nicely browned on both sides.
It doesnt have to be all the way done, itll finish cooking with everything else.
3. Melt the other Tablespoon of butter and add in the onion, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and basil.
Sprinkle the other Tablespoon of Cajun seasoning over the chicken and veggies.
Saute until everything is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Turn down the heat and stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
Once cheese has melted, let simmer and thicken for a bit, about 8-9 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. After youve let it simmer for a bit, to get the creamy effect, mix the corn starch with water (about 2 Tablespoons of water) and add it into the sauce mixture.
It should thicken right away.
If it doesnt, you can add in more of the corn starch water mixture.
6. Once thickened to the desired creaminess, turn off the heat and add in your pasta and mix well, coating the pasta with the sauce.
7. Serve with more Parmesan cheese and fresh basil on top.