Curried Spaghetti Sauce With Lentils
- 2 cans (28 ounce) tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 cup green pepper, chopped, (I leave that out)
- 12 cup mushroom, chopped, (leave that out too)
- 1 onion, diced,
- 1 12 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
DirectionsIn a large deep skillet or pot brown ground beef, adding onion for the last few minutes.
Drain off the fat and return to pot.
Add remaining ingredients and stir.
Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Serve over spaghetti or rice.