Pollocks Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 can (28-ounce) peaches, sliced, drained
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Confectioners sugar
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350F.
Pour the melted butter into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in the milk and egg.
Pour the mixture evenly over melted butter in the pan.
In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup sugar, the peaches, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Spread the peaches over the batter.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
Let the cobbler cool for 5 minutes before dusting lightly with confectioners sugar.
Great for freezing! See our Freezer Tips on pages 2327.