Cherry Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil Melted, Or Canola Oil
- 2- 1/2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 13 cups Sugar, (I Used 1/2 Cup NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose)
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/4 cups Egg Substitute, Or 1 Egg
- 1/2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Or Non Fat Milk
- 1 cup Cherries, Pitted, Cut In Half
- 1 Tablespoon Turbinado Sugar, (sugar In The Raw)
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil, butter and sugar.
Beat in the almond extract and egg until blended.
Add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the coconut milk, beating after each addition until just combined.
Spread the batter in the bottom of the baking dish.
I used my fingers to spread it out.
Lay cherries on the batter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Bake the cake for 20-23 minutes or until it is golden brown.