Marinated Ham Biscuits
- 30 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, (we use the Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
- 1 lb shaved deli ham, (enough for 30 biscuits)
- 30 slices swiss cheese, (sliced to fit the biscuit) or 30 slices mozzarella cheese (sliced to fit the biscuit)
- 2 cups butter, (use the real thing)
- 10 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
DirectionsBake the biscuits on 350F until just very light brown.
Slice biscuits in half horizontally.
Place slice of ham and cheese on each biscuit.
In a glass bowl melt butter in microwave.
Add in mustard.
You have to stir up really well to get it incorporated.
In 2 large baking pan (15x10-inch) place enough mustard/butter mixture to barely cover the bottom of pan(should use about 4 tbsp).
Place biscuits in pan closely together.
Spoon remaining butter/mustard on top of each biscuit.
Use a teaspoons at a time.
Continue until all this mixture has been used.
Cover with foil and place in refrigerator for several hours (you can do this up to 24 hours in advance).
Bake at 350F (uncovered) until cheese has melted.