Almond Butter + Jam Cookies
- 1 cup Flour, Sifted
- 13 cups Unsweetened Cocoa, Sifted
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Fine Salt
- 1/4 cups Regular Sugar For Rolling
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature, Cut Into Chunks
- 3/4 cups Sugar, Granulated, Plus 1/4 Cup Additional Granulated Sugar (see Note Below), Divided
- 3/4 cups Almond Butter, Room Temperature
- 1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Egg, Room Temperature, Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cups Jam, (forest Berry, Raspberry Or Your Fave)
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat and set to the side.
Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
In a mixer bowl, or a large bowl, mix together the butter, almond butter, 3/4 cup sugar and light brown sugar until smooth.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
Gradually add the dry mixture until just mixed through.
Put the remaining 1/4 cup regular sugar into a small bowl.
(Note: you can also use powdered sugar with chocolate Kiss centers.
Or, if youre not making the jam middles, you can also use icing and sprinkles.
) Make medium-sized balls, ensuring they are all pretty consistent in size, and place on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
You should be able to fit about 12 onto one cookie sheet.
Roll each ball into the sugar and press down just a bit onto the cookie sheet.
Make an indentation in the middle of the balls with the handle of a spoon, or your own method, and place a good-sized dollop of jam in the center of each one.
Bake for 12-14 minutes until crackly and just set.
Let cool on a cookie sheet and enjoy with coffee or tea!