Meatloaf with a Tangy BBQ Sauce Topping
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped,
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 whole Carrots, Processed In Food Processor Until Fine Or Grated.
- 1 stalk Celery, Processed In Food Processor With Carrot Or Grated.
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 pounds Lean Ground Beef, I Use Ground Chuck
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar, Or Honey
- 1/2 teaspoons Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line the the bottom of a broiler pan with foil to catch drippings and for easy clean up.
Place the top of the broiler pan over.
For the meatloaf, place onion in a large skillet with olive oil and cook until caramelized.
Add minced carrots, celery and garlic; saute until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute.
Place onion mixture into a large mixing bowl, add oatmeal and allow to cool until workable, about 10 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients for the meatloaf and mix together until well incorporated.
Shape meatloaf on the top of the broiler pan into a large log shape.
For the sauce topping, mix all the ingredients together until smooth and spread over the top of the meatloaf.
Place meatloaf into the oven and bake for about 1 hour, or when the middle of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees F on an meat thermometer.