- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes with garlic and herbs, chopped, drained
- 14 cup onion, finely diced,
- 14 cup taco sauce
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounce) green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, (Can be substituted with any kind of lean ground meat)
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 14 teaspoon onion powder
- 14 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 -8 lettuce leaves
- 6 -8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 -8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
DirectionsMix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl cover and chill.
Combine the ground meat and the next 5 ingredients in a bowl, divide mixture into equal patties and chill for an hour.
Grill for 4 minutes on each side or until done.
Place a lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun, top each with a patty then the cheese.
Top evenly with tomato mixture and cover with bun top.