Filipino Style Spaghetti
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce, (I like Prego or Rinaldi brand)
- 12 ounces jufran banana ketchup, (usually easy to find in the Asian grocery aisle)
- 1 lb beef, ground or 1 lb ground turkey
- 6 hot dogs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced,
- 23 cup onion, diced,
- 1 cup carrot, diced into cubes
- 18 cup sugar, (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- cheese, grated, of your choice (anything that melts nicely)
- olive oil, for cooking
- water, for cooking pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
DirectionsCook the noodles as per package direction.
Drain and rinse.
Slice the hot dogs on the bias (diagonally) and nuke them til cooked, about 1-2 minutes depending on your microwave.
Heat some oil.
Saute garlic and onions.
Then add in the meat.
Cook till brown.
Season with some salt and pepper.
Pour in the spaghetti sauce, banana ketchup, sugar, bay leaf and water.
Mix and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until it gets thick and red.
Add in the hot dogs last.
Mix and just let the hot dogs heat through.
Sauce is done! Top the noodles with the warm sauce.
Sprinkle with quick melt cheese!