Cheese Vegetable Lasagna
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 zucchini, sliced, thinly
- 1 large red onion, sliced, thinly
- 3 red bell peppers, grilled and cut in strips
- 12 lb Quark, or 12 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated,
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated,
- 12 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 12 cups milk
- 12 teaspoon savory, dried
- nutmeg, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375F.
Cook noodles according to instruction on package until al dente (tender, but firm).
SAUCE: In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until no lumps remain, then whisk in milk; bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
Add savory and season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Mix well and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Into a buttered lasagna dish, spread some white sauce evenly.
Cover with 4 lasagna noodles and top with some zucchini, onion slices and bell pepper strips.
Spread with quark (or ricotta) cheese and sprinkle with some mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses,.
Season to taste with salt and pepper continue with noodles, repeat layers twice.
Top with remaining white sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.