- 3 small skinless chicken breast halves, boneless or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small green pepper, diced,
- 1 onion, diced,
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Mexican tomato sauce
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes, broken up
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 8 flour tortillas, 10-inch size
- 16 ounces spicy refried beans
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded,
DirectionsPoach chicken breasts in stock just until no longer pink.
Remove, cool and shred with 2 forks.
Make sauce: Saute onions, peppers and garlic in oil just until soft.
Add oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, red enchilada sauce and green chiles.
Spread enough sauce to cover the bottom of a 9" by 15" glass baking dish.
Microwave 2 tortillas at a time for 15 seconds and assemble before microwaving the next 2. Assemble enchiritos: Spread center of a tortilla with about 2 T.
beans, add about 3 T.
shredded chicken and top with about 1/3 cup cheese.
Roll up burrito-style, tucking in sides and place seam-side down in baking dish.
Repeat until all tortillas are used.
You will have to keep assessing amounts as you go to divide evenly.
Pour the rest of the sauce over enchiritos and top with the rest of the cheese.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour, or until bubbly and cheese is beginning to brown.